Terms and Conditions
- Subject to acceptance by ICA (in accordance with clause 2 of these terms and conditions) Application for event attendance shall form a legally binding contract between ICA, and the delegate named on the application form (the “delegate”).
- ICA’s acceptance is subject to these terms to the exclusion of all others including without limitation any terms which the delegate purports to include within a purchase order, acknowledgment or payment confirmation.
- This contract shall come into force from the date of acceptance by ICA in accordance with clause 2 and shall remain in force until it is terminated or completed in accordance with these terms.
Intellectual property rights
- ICA retains ownership of all copyright, trademarks, service marks or trade names, rights in software, rights in design, rights in databases, image rights, moral rights, rights in an invention, patents, rights relating to passing off, domain names, rights in confidential information (including trade secrets), rights in privacy and all similar or equivalent rights in each case whether registered or not and including all applications (or rights to apply) for, or renewal or extension of, such rights which exist now or which will exist in the future in the United Kingdom and all countries in the world (“IPR”) in any materials including without limitation any course materials that it provides to the Member for the purposes of performing its obligations under this contract.
- This clause sets out the responsibilities of International Compliance Association Ltd by guarantee (‘the Provider’), and the Customer in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation and any other applicable data protection law (Data Protection Law). Any terms or words defined in Data Protection Law and used in this clause relating to personal data shall have the meaning set out in Data Protection Law. Where the Provider processes any personal data in relation to services or products covers by these Terms and Conditions, it does so as a data controller on its own behalf (including in order to comply with its obligations and exercise its rights under this agreement), and shall comply with Data Protection Law in respect of such processing. Where the Customer provides any personal data in relation to this agreement, it warrants that it does so in compliance with Data Protection Law and that the Provider may, under Data Protection Law, process such data as required or anticipated by this agreement, and the Customer shall be responsible for any costs, losses or expenses the Provider incurs or suffers as a result of breach of such warranty.
- The delegate will keep secret and confidential all information belonging to ICA and disclosed or obtained as a result of their relationship under this contract which is secret or otherwise not publicly available in whole or in part including the course materials and in all cases whether disclosed orally or in writing before or after the Application Date. In particular the delegate will not allow any third party to use or access the event delegate benefits such as content from the event app without obtaining ICA’s prior written consent.
- The delegate shall not assign, transfer or otherwise dispose of any or all of its benefits, rights and/or responsibilities under this contract.
- This contract contains the entire agreement between ICA and the delegate. It supersedes any prior arrangement, understanding, written or oral agreements and any subsequent terms which the delegate purports to apply in relation to the subject matter.
- ICA and the delegate each acknowledge that this contract has not been entered into wholly or partly in reliance on, nor has any party been given, any warranty, statement, promise or representation by the other or on its behalf that is not set out in this contract.
- All warranties, conditions, terms and representations not set out in this contact whether implied by statute or otherwise are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- No purported variation of this contract shall be effective unless it is in writing, signed by all the parties.
- This contract and any disputes arising out of or in relation to it whether contractual or non-contractual in nature shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.